Leveling Guide for New Players
A Few Notes Before We Begin
- Homepoint crystal teleportation is available, the retail wikis have the lists of locations of the homepoint crystals. You must first examine a homepoint crystal in order to register with it for future use.
- Outpost (OP) Teleportation is allowed after Level 10. The Outposts available unlock as you level up. Click here for the requirements for outpost teleportation.
- Survival Guide teleportation is also available, the retail wikis have the lists of locations of the survival guides. Like homepoint crystals, you must examine a survival guide in order to register with it for future use.
- Grab the Telepoint Crystals at the Crags/Telepoints ASAP. These are required for using the !tele Player Command.
- Example: Examining the Crystal at the Crag of Dem gets you Dem gate crystal. You can then teleport to the Crag of Dem using the command !tele dem.
- !shop is your best friend out on the field to sell unwanted items.
- The Ashita Addon called Nomad is also recommended. This addon allows you to access all of the inventories of your Mog House (type /nomad on to enable Nomad) from anywhere in the field as well as your Delivery Box....just make sure you disable Nomad (type /nomad off) once you are finished. Enabling Nomad places you, in essence, at a Nomad Moogle, meaning that you won't be able to interact with a lot of objects out in the field (including mobs that may be trying to harm you).
- When in a new area for leveling, make sure to read the "book" (the Field Manuals/Grounds Tomes) and setup the pages. The pages, upon successful completion, grant extra XP and credits in the form of Valor Points (aka Tabs), which can be used at the Field Manuals/Grounds Tomes for various services/items.
- Make sure to always have Signet on (obtain from the gate guards just before you leave your kingdom or from the guards at Outposts as long as your nation controls the outpost) and you use the !regen in every new leveling area until after level 75. Having Signet on gains you Conquest Points and can also help your kingdom gain influence in the zones you battle in.
- Once you have enough Conquest Points, buy the following items from the Gate Guards at your kingdom:
- Chariot Band - 500 Conquest Points
- Empress Band - 1000 Conquest Points
- Emperor Band - 2000 Conquest Points
- Any of the above will boost the amount of experience you gain from defeating mobs but will wear off after a certain amount of extra experience is gained or their duration has passed.
- All of these have a limited number of uses before they can be refilled (for a fee of 100 Conquest Points for every missing charge) by trading the ring back to the Gate Guard at your kingdom.
- Warp Ring - 5000 Conquest Points
- This ring is self-explanatory, has an infinite number of uses and only needs 10 minutes to recharge before it can be used again!
Now the Leveling May Commence!
1-13: Outside the 3 main kingdoms. You'll usually do Page 1 in the book. (Bees for Bastok, Rabbits/Pugils for San d'Oria, and Mandragoras for Windurst)
13-17: Konschtat Highlands, doing Page 4. Get the Telepoint Crystal for the Crag of Dem here. Bees and Lizards is the page.
17-26: Valkrum Dunes, Page 1 for Lizards and Rabbit. A good camp is on the way to Secret Beach. You can OP warp to the Zulkheim region if you have enough Conquest Points/gil, grab the Survival Guide at the outpost while you are there.
26-32: Gusgen Mines, Page 1 for members of the skeleton family. !tele dem and to the east for the entrance. Grab the Survival Guide at the beginning of Gusgen Mines while you are there.
32-37: Qufim Island, Page 1 for Crabs and Pugils. OP Warp to Qufim Island. Grab the Home Point here as well if you haven't. Also grab the Survival Guide at the Outpost while you are there.
37-57: Crawlers' Nest, Page 1 for Crawlers and Wasps. Run south from Jeuno or OP Warp to Derfland region and zone north into Rolanberry Fields. Grab the Survival Guide at the beginning of Crawlers' Nest.
57-67: Still in Crawlers' Nest, switch to Page 4 for Exorays and Hornflies (funguars and dragonflies).
You're almost to level 70. You must defeat Maat to break the level 70 barrier and unlock the rest of your journey to level 99. If you haven't already, you should probably take a break from leveling at this point and grab a testimony. Click here and read this page for full details!!!
67-74: The Boyahda Tree, Page 3 for Mourioches and Moss Eaters (mandragoras and rabbits). OP Warp to the Li'Telor Region, then South and East to the Entrance of The Boyahda Tree. If you are feeling brave and dare to venture to the top of the Tree, you can grab the Homepoint outside of the entrance to the Cloister of Storms.
74-89/99: Zeruhn Mines, Page 4 for Colliery Bats and Burrower Worms. Entrance from Bastok Mines. Grab the Survival Guide at the beginning of Zeruhn Mines.
89-99: Several options here. Popular is Abyssea - La Theine or Gustav Tunnel, page 8 for Pygmytoises and Boulder Eaters (worms). If you have someone who is Level 99 with Item Level Gear, they can get you to 99 without you doing a thing. If not, stay in Zeruhn Mines.
Once you are level 99, you may wonder now what all there is for you to do. There is an immense amount of content here on HomepointXI that is reserved for the level 99 end game. Read this section of the New Player Guide for an idea of things you can do.
Many thanks to player
Please let EpicTaru know if you can think of anything else that can be added to this guide!