Blade of Darkness
From HomepointXI Wiki
- Speak with Gumbah. Then speak to him again for a cutscene that begins the quest.
- Travel to Palborough Mines and go to the top floor.
- Go to the boat docks at (H-8) and examine the Dock Lever to take the boat back to Zeruhn Mines.
- At the end of the cutscene, you will obtain the greatsword.
- You must now slay 100 monsters with the sword equipped in order to activate its potential.
- This portion is easy if you have WAR leveled and Great Sword skilled.
- If you do not have WAR leveled, you might as well level it up now!
- If you do not have Great Sword skilled, proceed to the starter mobs outside of gate, they should die in one or two hits as well skill you up.
- Do not use Weapon Skills for the kill shot, it won't count towards the 100 kills.
- The only kills that count are normal kill hits from the sword.
- The has a 'memory' of how many it has slain, so you do not need to worry about zoning out, logging out, etc. There is also no time limit.
- You have to keep track of the number of kills yourself as there is no indicator on the sword. Or you could just go on a killing or farming rampage and before you know it, voila you have met the requirements.
- Upon the completion of the mass slaying, proceed to Beadeaux.
- Zone in for a cutscene to complete the quest.
- You must zone into Beadeaux from Pashow Marshlands at (L-11)! Zoning into Beadeaux from any other zone/means will not allow the necessary cutscene to trigger!
- If you don't receive the cutscene upon entering Beadeaux from Pashow Marshlands at (L-11), this means you have not killed 100 mobs. Slay some more foes then return!