| The Old Monument
||Jeuno Fame Level: Unknown
||Mertaire, Lower Jeuno (I-8)
||Researcher of Classics
||Copy the lyrics from the ancient monument to a sheet of parchment.
- Speak to Mertaire at Lower Jeuno (I-8).
- Speak to Bki Tbujhja at Lower Jeuno (H-8).
- Obtain a Parchment from the Auction House or by crafting.
- Parchment can also be bought from Pikini-Mikini, in the warehouse in Mhaura for just over 2000 gil.
- Exit out to Buburimu Peninsula, travel to (G-9) and examine the Song Runes for a cutscene.
- Go to the beach to the west of Mhaura, via the ramp at (H-9). Head to the southwest corner and into the water. There will be a tunnel which leads to the next beach area over, where you will find the Song Runes in the corner at (G-9).
- Trade a Parchment to the Song Runes for a Poetic Parchment and to complete the quest.
Note: The quest will not appear on your quest list until completion.